Monday, January 4, 2010

$2,240 later...


Yes, that's right, I have spent approximately $2,200 on diapers since Kenadie was born in her 26 months of life. And so, this morning bright and early, 7:30 a.m. to be exact, we officially started potty training. Whew!!! I am tired from just day one! I'm thinking it can only get better :) Remaining positive. I feel like the day TOTALLY consisted of staying in the bathroom or following Kenadie like a hawk to make sure if accidents occurred, I was there to clean :)

My schedule was VERY repetitive, and boy was I glad to see Aaron when he came in from work so that he too could share in all the excitement! Ha! Every 30 minutes I would take her to the potty. If we had success, she got to choose the color m&m she wanted as well as pick out a sticker to put on our "potty chart." If nothing happened in the 10 minutes that I let her stay on the potty, then we would come back in 10 more minutes to sit for another 10 minutes... and that routine went on and on and on and on... until it was bath time!!! Yay for diapers at bedtime :) Today's total was 3 successes :) and 4 accidents. We will start afresh tomorrow :)

Now, while I am on the diaper subject, let me just take a moment to reflect on a thought I had when Kenadie was a newborn. I was making my daily trip to Wal Mart :)when I noticed a "big kid", who was probably 3 or so riding in the cart. A big box of diapers caught my attention when I noticed that it was a "stage 6" diaper. My first thought was "Wow! they make diapers THAT big???" I thought surely children were potty trained BEFORE they need a stage 6. I was probably buying all of stage 1 at the time, so stage 6 seemed HUGE!!! If you will notice in the above picture I posted, I too am buying the WHOPPING stage 6 diapers :) So much for thinking my child would be potty trained before I had to buy that size--ha :) In Kenadie's defense, she is quite tall and stays "off the charts" in height at her check-ups, therefore, we needed the stage 6 before most :)

I probably went to stage 6 a month or so ago, and my first thought then was "uh-oh, we better get potty trained or there won't be diapers big enough to fit :)" So, that's what we're doing, and I'm hoping to have made some sort of progress by the end of the week. Just progress, that's all :) We'll get there, and I'm sure when we do, I will probably be sad that my baby doesn't need diapers anymore :( I'm the one who was sad when I didn't get to buy formula anymore when we achieved that milestone :) I'll let you know how the week turns out :) Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Our "start" day is tomorrow and I decided to do one at a time....You are doing great and I like your consistency!! So do you have her in big girl panties between potty trips? I think that is the route we will be taking, good luck my friend, we can do this!

    ReplyDelete