Friday, October 2, 2009

Cruisin' Chattanooga

This past Monday, Kenadie and I "tagged" along with Aaron to Chattanooga, TN. We got back yesterday and had a GREAT time! This past summer, over about a 3 week span, Aaron went to Wisconsin, Baton Rouge and Jackson. When he got home from Jackson, I told him we were definitely going with him on his next trip. We missed him too much.

We headed to TN as soon as Aaron got off work on Monday and arrived that night at 11:30. On Tuesday we spent the first part of the day in the Creative Discovery Museum. Kenadie had SO much fun. There was so much for her to do and lots to explore. If you are in Chattanooga, I definitely recommend it.

Trying to somewhat keep with our routine, we went back to our room after the museum fun for Kenadie to get a nap... Ha, that was so not going to happen. She was very much WIRED and there was no nap in sight for her. So, we decided to go see Ruby Falls. The second we buckled her in her car seat, she was out. It ended up being a good thing though, because she slept through about half of our tour of Ruby Falls. Speaking of our tour of Ruby Falls... ummm, if you happen to get the least bit claustrophobic, that may not be the excursion for you. Needless to say, once we got to the waterfall, I was so glad to be turning around and heading OUT! I had to keep my mind off of thinking that this mountain could just crumble in on us, not to mention the very tight path you walk along. But, we can say we have seen Ruby Falls, just won't have to do it again :)

On Wednesday, Aaron had meetings to go to, so Kenadie and I just pretty much stayed put. We enjoyed the indoor swimming pool, puzzles, coloring and reading Dora books. Dora is BY FAR our favorite at the moment! We were able to meet Aaron for lunch, got a good nap in and then were ready to see him again when his meeting was over that evening. On Thursday, Kenadie and I headed back to the museum for a couple of hours of play before our 5 1/2 hour car ride home. We had a great time on our little getaway. We look forward to traveling with Aaron again :)






Ruby Falls




Coolidge Park

3 comments:

  1. OOOH! I forgot about Coolidge Park and walking across the bridge. Loved that! Did you get to ride the carousel, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting so big! Looks like she will have blonde hair:)
    That looked like a really fun park. I hear the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center on the coast is great too. My cousin takes her boys there all the time and they love it!

    ReplyDelete