Thursday, September 25, 2014

My Littlest Student

(Berkley's 1st day of Pre-K 3)

Okay, so I recognize the fact that I didn't blog consistently for about 2 years. Shame on me, sorry Kenadie and Berkley! I am going to do my best to piece some of those years together without boring you to death being too long-winded :) For starters and probably the question I am most frequently asked "Why are you homeschooling?" It was something I had considered from whence I first laid eyes on Kenadie :) (I love it when I can use the word "whence" :)) Before I ever had children, I would literally cry real tears on the first day of school for all of the moms out there sending their little precious pies off to school. Call me crazy, "Sentimental Suzie", "Loony Lindsey", that one may be more fitting :)...it just put a huge lump in my throat thinking about it! So, the time came for my own little "precious pie" to start Kindergarten, and I just wasn't ready to part with her. Plain-and-simple, that's why I started homeschooling. I couldn't bring myself to part with her and I've never looked back :) We love it, and it's a great fit for our family! We are very happy and I never had to cry due to physically taking her to Kindergarten and dropping her off. Now, don't get me wrong, if you know me at all, then you know I still cried a river on her first day of Kindergarten because my little angel baby was too big and growing up right before my very eyes. And regardless of the fact if I physically dropped her off at school or not, she was still old enough to be starting REAL-LIVE-KINDERGARTEN, and that's a pretty big deal, y'all, in "Lindsey's World" as I sometimes like to call it :)

Now, the title of this post is "My littlest student", so we need to get on to her :) Here she is!
Berkley went to preschool last year at the most wonderful place and had the sweetest teacher on the planet! I'm sure of it :) She loved it and Kenadie and I LOVED our one-on-one school time! There was just one problem...I was running myself ragged! Well, ragged for me anyway! I can be weak at times, so my "ragged" may be different from yours :) That's okay, ragged nonetheless :) Just a whole lot-o-running!!! So, we revamped a little this year and doubled our school attendance [sounds important but it's just fancy for I went from having one student to now two :)] and kept Berkley home with us. 

I'll be honest...I was a little lot bit scared going from my perfect one-to-one student/teacher ratio, to taking on a new student who can be, how can I put this, ummm...she has a mind of her own, an opinion about EVERYTHING, often times not easy going... you know the type!

Well...all I can say is, boy has she proved me wrong!!! She is the most eager learner, wants to do EVERYTHING Kenadie is doing, wants to be right there with us the whole time, and I am so thankful she is :) I'm so sorry, Berkley! I sure wasn't giving you enough credit! I won't name any names, but she has been known to be a better listener than the others  students in her class!!! Sometimes answering questions before the other unnamed student, that are on "said unnamed student's" grade level!!! Correctly!!! Gulp! She keeps me on my toes for sure :)

Now Berkley, I need for you to stop looking like a 3rd grader, okay? Thanks! :)
I prefer to see you like this, in one of your wild wardrobe choices :) Home school perk: Often times, children pick out their own clothes, get dressed, and then surprise you with their lovely combination :)
As long as you have a bow in your hair, it's all good...right?!?
She's a keeper, that's for sure! Proud of my girl! Proud of her hard work! Now, to just master the art of not crying at the drop of a hat...hmmm... Wonder what lesson number that's going to come in??? :) I'm not gonna hold my breath, that's for sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment