Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I wouldn't have it any other way

I recently did a little experiment, if you will, because I am typically finding myself saying things like "I never seem to get anything done", or "I start 50 things, but never get back to any of it",or "Have I become lazy, what's the deal here?"  I thought I would record a few hours of our day, and boy am I glad I did!  It sure made me feel much better about my progress in our home, or the lack there of :)
I'll preface this post with the following:
1) If you have one child, this post is by no means intended to discourage you from having more children.
2) If you have two children, you know where I am coming from.
3) If you have three plus children, you will just laugh at me because your life is far more hectic than mine.

So, here is just a typical three hour span of our day.  I didn't record more than three hours, because every good mother knows that I really wasn't using my time wisely by doing this, but it sure gave me insight as to why not a whole lot gets done around here :)

7:00-  Kenadie is up, and ready to start her day!
        - Changed a dirty diaper
        - Put batteries in Kenadie's toy pig, upon her request
        - Disassembled Kenadie's candy basket from dance recital and threw away all trash
        - Checked email and blog and maybe spent three minutes on facebook, checking birthdays :)
        - Berkley is happily playing on floor mat

7:30- Berkley is not happy on mat anymore, so she needs to be held for a while
       - Berkley goes to bumbo
       - I empty ALL clothes from laundry basket and other surrounding areas that need to be put away
         onto my bed to fold
       - Kenadie wants to watch a show
       - Kenadie needs help putting on her jacket--not real sure why a jacket is needed?  I just go with it
         though because it will more than likely provide minutes of entertainment!
       - Take a little video footage of Berkley in bumbo because I haven't recorded her as much as I did
          Kenadie
       - Lily wants to go outside, come back in, go outside, come back in, go outside, come back in etc..
          and this goes on throughout the entire day!
       - Lily's food/water bowls are empty, I fill them
       - Kenadie remembers that she wants her Littlest Pets that are in the car

8:00- Berkley's sleepy--put down in cradle
       - Find Berkley's blankie
       - I'm hungry--cook some oatmeal
       - Kenadie's hungry--she wants my oatmeal
       - Cook myself more oatmeal
       - Watch/listen to Kenadie sing the "x" song
       - Get Kenadie milk to go with her oatmeal
       - Get Kenadie's vitamin and rinse out milk jug to be recycled

8:30- Lindsey finally eats oatmeal she cooked a while back, it's cold, needs reheating
       - Lily wants back in...
       - Hoping to get to fold clothes for 20 minutes before Berkley needs bottle
       - Respond to bbm
       - Fix Berkley's bottle for 9:00
       - Kenadie wants me to come see her oatmeal
       - Lily wants out again...
       - Watch Kenadie's silly face
       - Haven't folded any clothes yet, down to 13 minutes before Berkley's bottle
       - Maybe got to fold clothes for 7 minutes because Kenadie needed help fixing her bucket, she hurt
         her toe, Lily wanted back out and Kenadie wanted to show me something with her pets and then
         I had to do a "Mommy, you say Kenadie, how did you sleep last night?" Me:"Kenadie, how did
         you sleep last night?"  Kenadie: "Good, thank you!"

9:00- Give Berkley her bottle, and treat myself to a Say Yes To The Dress episode while she takes her
          bottle.  So, was it really a treat, or can we just say I was using my time wisely :)

9:30- I'm feeling sleepy :(
        - Berkley enjoying herself in the swing
        - Going back to car to look for more pets that are apparently missing

9:35- Back to folding clothes

9:40- Playing with Kenadie in playroom
       - Berkley no longer happy in swing

9:45- Back to folding
       - Realizing I need to wash bottles
       - Change diaper
       - Helped Kenadie in bathroom

10:07- Berkley goes down for nap
         - Lindsey REALLY wants to update blog and believes she will :), but Kenadie distracted
          me, so instead I play with her and her pets :)

10:25- Back to starting blog
         - Washed bottles while uploading pics to blog, again, using time wisely :)
         - Tended to Kenadie while uploading pics :)

And this my friends, is why it would probably be a good idea to call before you just appear at my house :)  Did anyone notice that we are apparently still in our pajamas??? :)  Oh well... I know my girls will only be little for a short time, so in the meantime, I'm going to enjoy our nonproductive days spent together, because I'm pretty sure I have a good enough excuse :)

       

1 comment:

  1. I hear that! Pajama days are numerous around here ;) You've now given me an idea for my next blog post :)

    ReplyDelete