Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy 2 Months, Berkley!

Dear Berkley,
You are two months old today!  Kenadie and I took you to your check-up where you got your two month shots :(  Poor baby, but you did so good... just so hard to see you cry like that :(  At two months you are:

22 7/8" long (75th %)
10.2 lbs (40th %)
Head circumference 14 3/4" (30th %)

Also at two months you are smiling more and more every day.  I think we are super close to getting a faint giggle from you too :)  I love to "talk" to you and let you "talk" back to me!  Those sweet little moments usually take place on your changing table or after a bottle.  You are now taking 4 oz. bottles every 3 hours.  In the above picture, your hair looks pretty red, however it is not all that red in person.  You have a tiny touch of red, but only in certain lightings does it appear reddish.   

Your little schedule looks typically something like this, most days anyway:
6 a.m. is your first bottle and you stay awake for about 30 minutes, and are then asleep until I wake you up at 9 for your second bottle.  I learned if I don't wake you, you tend to be a little night owl.  You are still quite the sleepy head during the day :)  You will stay up until about 10:15 and then sleep until 12 noon when I have to wake you again for your next bottle.  Again, up for about another hour or so and I don't typically have to wake you up for your 3:00 bottle.  From this point on you are awake a little more than during the earlier part of the day.  You have started "going to bed" somewhere between 7 and 8:00 and then wake up around 10ish for a bottle and are pretty much back to sleep after that.  I would say about 3 nights you may not wake up till 6 a.m., we LOVE it when you do that, hint hint*  The other 4 nights you wake up around 2:30a.m. for a bottle, but that's okay too!  We'll get there :)   

At two months, you LOVE your swing and enjoy playing on your floor mat, as long as someone is playing down there with you :)  Kenadie may have you spoiled just a little bit :)  I should note that you love your swing that swings side-to-side, however, you don't seem to be too big of a fan of your little travel swing that goes back and forth.  You also like to be in your bed when you are very much awake!  We still swaddle you at bedtime, and I am hoping we are not in for too big of a rude awakening when you no longer fit in your "sleeping bag" as I call it :)  You still love bath time and don't cry during diaper changes anymore.  As for changing your clothes, you still get a little upset when things have to go over your head.  I'm wondering if you might have picked up a little bit of my chlaustrophobicness...

I love you so much precious angel, and am so thankful God has blessed us with such a precious gift as you! 

2 comments: