For those of you who know me, know that the above picture is SO NOT what I know! I honestly thought I could plant those little flowers in the planter. I guess it was just my little April fools joke on myself because that was SO not happening! I hope none of my neighbors saw me attempting :) Looks like my supplies here will be going with us Sunday to my parent's house for my dad to complete my project :)Now, on to something I do know :)
I DO know how to help Kenadie decorate some eggs :) This was the perfect little egg decorating kit for her! You just push the button on top and watch the egg spin around and around in the spinner.

Kenadie and I also enjoyed making some Easter cookies this week. These cookies take me back to my childhood. These were the cookies my mom always sent to school for my Valentine's, Easter, Halloween parties etc.

I saved a cookie for Kenadie to decorate when she woke up from her nap. Can you find hers? :)
Cuttin' Cookies
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. nutmeg (optional)
Combine all ingredients. Roll out on a floured surface. Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Do not over bake, taste better soft.
Icing
1 cup Confectioner's sugar
1 Tbsp. milk (or until smooth consistency)
How cute!! Where did you get the egg decorator thing? And don't worry- I don't have the skills or a green thumb either :)
ReplyDeleteThose cookies are so cute! Hope you all have a great Easter!
ReplyDelete